Perth Mobility Scooters has been operating for over 20 years as an Australian owned company committed to achieving sustainable growth and developing environmentally friendly partnerships with our suppliers and clients.
As a market leader in mobility solutions, our customer base is drawn from private citizens, and government and commercial sectors, while our suppliers include many highly reputed international brands.
We recognise that in dealing exclusively with mobility products containing potentially hazardous electronics and consumables, our ability to reduce environmental impacts and carbon footprints is threefold; in our own company’s day-to-day operations, in choosing suppliers and partners who uphold the highest sustainability standards and in encouraging our clients to adopt new technologies and methodologies to reduce their own impacts.
With a marked global shift in government policy and industry compliances we have reviewed and refined our own Environmental Policy Statement as part of our ongoing commitment:
- Regulatory Compliance: We comply with all relevant and applicable environmental legislation, regulations, requirements, targets and guidelines.
- Resource Reduction: We implement the most up to date technologies and monitoring methods to minimise waste and maximise efficiency in usage of natural resources including water, power, gas, fuel and other raw materials.
- Pollution Prevention: We take all possible measures to minimise the impact on the environment in our day-to-day operations.
- Climate Change: We take all possible steps to reduce greenhouse emissions and minimise any contribution to climate change.
Waste Management: We strive to reduce all landfill waste to a minimum, and reuse and recycle wherever possible.
- Travel, Transportation and Commuting: In our own business-related travel, fleet vehicles and employee commuting we strive to utilise options with the least possible impacts.
- Stakeholder Engagement: We engage all concerned parties; management, employees, contractors, and customers and suppliers, to raise environmental awareness and encourage change.
- Ongoing Improvement: We monitor and regularly review our performances on all aspects and set goals as outlined above to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Reducing the Carbon Footprint: Our Partners
Ecobatt: Ecobatt are leaders in Australia for the safe collection, processing and recycling of battery products to protect our environment. Perth Mobility Scooters now acts as a drop off point for battery recycling – not just to clients and customers but as a convenient local hub for anyone in the vicinity.
Mobile Muster: Mobile muster is the official mobile phone recycling program of the telecommunications industry, Government-accredited and carbon-neutral for peace of mind. Perth Mobility Scooters actively encourages all clients to recycle old mobile phones, chargers, and accessories.