Tips for Buying A Mobility Scooter
Here are a few tips to help you make an informed decision when you buy a mobility scooter:
- Make a checklist of features that you’d like in your new mobility scooter before you start shopping around. This will help you tick things off your list especially when it comes to decision time.
- Ensure that the features and controls are easy to see, and comfortable to operate and use over long periods.
- Consider its stability on the terrain you intend using it on, such as on the footpath, slopes, inside shops, and/or on public transport.
- Check that you can slow down, turn, reverse, and steer around obstacles with ease.
- Ask about the life of batteries in your mobility scooter, and how long a charge will last.
- Go for a test drive, and try a few scooters to help you make the final decision.
- Getting insurance for your mobility scooter will give you peace of mind.
- We recommend buying a mobility scooter from a supplier with follow-up support. We have many new customers who previously bought “cheap” from online stores, but unfortunately didn’t receive assistance after their purchase.
At Mobility Scooters Perth our team is more than happy to help and advise you on all of the above, to help you choose and buy a mobility scooter that you will be happy with.
Step into our showroom today to have a look at our range of mobility equipment, or get in touch with us for further information on our products, or for any questions you might have about mobility scooters or accessories such as batteries and battery chargers.